If you are an Indie author looking to do a guest spot please do contact me. I will consider it if it is original content and related to a genre that I might like.
I have so many books to read on my to-be-read list at the moment that I am being very selective regarding the books I will accept for review.
However, I will not turn down a book that piques my interest, so if you have written a great book go ahead, send me a request to review it. You can contact me directly.
I am not paid for writing reviews, however if you ask me to review your novel I do expect a free copy of your book for review.
All posted reviews are purely my opinion and are not influenced in anyway by the source of the book. However, if you have specifically asked me to review your book and I feel my review will be construed negatively I will contact you before posting it to allow you the opportunity to pass on having my review posted. If I've chosen to read the book on my own (without being specifically requested to by the author) and I feel my review is negative I will post it anyway.
Many of the books I review are written by self-published authors - I am a big fan of Indie Authors, but I also read commercially published works. Just depends on my mood and what I find interesting.
I will read books in either a paper format or eBook format. If it is an eBook I prefer a Kindle version. I do NOT accept .pdf or text eBooks.
My preferred genres are (in no particular order):
- Romance but only with a twist (i.e. paranormal, humor, something other than just straight romance - historical doesn't count as a twist)
- Urban Fantasy
- Science Fiction
- Contemporary Fiction
- Other - Really pretty much anything as long as I find the description interesting
I typically do NOT review:
- Christian fiction or any fiction with a strong religious message
- Poetry or Short Stories
- Historical Romance or any other type of Romance novel unless the romance is a secondary genre and not the primary genre.
- I'm a bit over the whole vampire/werewolf and/or angel/demon types of books at the moment.
When I review a book, I will post my reviews on this blog, on Goodreads, and on Amazon. I will also post reviews on Smashwords or other sites on request.
Books are rated on a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 meaning I didn't like it and 5 meaning it was amazing. You likely won't find many books rated 1 or 2 on my blog because if I don't think I'll like it I typically won't read it.
I am happy to help authors (especially self-published authors) promote their books so if you would like me to review your book and/or you'd like to do a guest post on my blog please contact me. I'm also willing to participate in blog tours and/or giveaways.
If you'd like me to do a review or are interested in doing a Guest Post or interview here's what you need to do:
- Read my review policy carefully.
- Send me a copy of your book in .mobi format. I will not accept PDF or text eBooks at this time.
- Send me a jpeg copy of your book cover.
- Send me a brief synopsis or book blurb of your book.
- Include links for purchasing your book through any online book stores.
- Send me a brief bio and photo of you (the author), including your contact links for Twitter, Facebook and your webpage if you want them included.
- If you seek a Guest Post only without a review you can omit steps 2 through 5, but must include step 6 along with your submitted Guest Post.
You can email me at TheRealABShepherd@hotmail.com, tweet me on Twitter @ABHPShepherd, or check out Reinvented Reader on Facebook.
Thanks for reading my blog. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it!